Still under the expert theme, I wanted to share some of the most interesting and inspirational quotes about becoming or being an expert I found. Can you add yours?
- “An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.” – Niels Bohr
- “An expert is someone who has succeeded in making decisions and judgements simpler through knowing what to pay attention to and what to ignore.” – Edward de Bono
- “The top experts in the world are ardent students. The day you stop learning, you’re definitely not an expert.” – Brendon Burchard
- “Masters and highly successful people are in a romantic relationships with their work” – Desmond Oshifeso
- “An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less” – Nicholas Butler
- “If everyone waited to become an expert before starting, no one would become an expert. To become an EXPERT, you must have EXPERIENCE. To get EXPERIENCE, you must EXPERIMENT! Stop waiting. Start stuff.” – Richie Norton
- “Quite often, when an idea that could be helpful presents itself, we do not appreciate it, for it is so inconspicuous. The expert has, perhaps, no more ideas than the inexperienced, but appreciates more what he has and uses it better.” – George Pólya
Oh and here’s one from Ralf Lemster, when I asked him about becoming an expert translator: “Becoming an expert takes more than just ‘learning the ropes’: you need to get immersed in your target area.” What’s your take on this topic?